PacPrint 09: Fuji Xerox Debuts New Features and Finishing Options for Monochrome Printing Solutions
PacPrint 09 – Melbourne, 26th May 2009 – Fuji Xerox Australia is launching a range of new features and finishing options for the Nuvera EA and 288 Perfecting Production System and Fuji Xerox 4112/4127 monochrome Copier/Printer to further enhance product performance and productivity. On show for the first time from today at PacPrint 09, the new product capabilities make it easier for print providers to streamline production processes and produce a greater variety of black–and–white print jobs.
“These product enhancements are part of Fuji Xerox’s ongoing commitment to increase the efficiency and profitability of print jobs for our customers,” says Paul Sanelli, Production Printing Systems Marketing Manager at Fuji Xerox Australia. “Our aim is to automate the entire printing process, from job submission through to finishing, so that customers can increase productivity and generate more revenue.”
Nuvera EA and 288 Perfecting Production System Boasts New Features and Finishing Options The Nuvera EA and 288 Perfecting Production System, which prints up to 288 pages per minute, is one of the fastest digital duplex monochrome cut–sheet printers in the industry. To improve the quality and efficiency of black–and–white print jobs and streamline production processes, Fuji Xerox has made several enhancements to the Nuvera EA and 288.
- A new high–capacity sheet–fed module expands the media range to accommodate paper sizes up to 320mm x 490mm and is ideal for producing 4–up book block applications.
- Integration with FreeFlow Print Server 7.0 Integration: The Nuvera 288 is now fully integrated with FreeFlow Print Server version 7.0, the company’s most powerful print server, to deliver end–to–end automation. This enables a more graphically–rich user interface to allow operators to handle jobs more intuitively while making it easier to submit jobs via added workflow capabilities.
- FreeFlow Print Server version 7 builds on the success of the Xerox FreeFlow DocuSP® platform, which is used in more than 40,000 in–plant facilities and graphic communications companies worldwide.
Nuvera EA and 288 customers can also take advantage of several new in–line finishing options, available immediately, which enable them to tape bind, stitch, fold, trim, cut and stack high–quality documents with minimal operator involvement.
- The new Xerox Tape Binder can produce perfectly bound books and manuals from 15 to 125 sheets with minimal operator involvement.
- The Bourg Perfect Bound & Saddle Stitch in–line book production solution introduces new levels of automation to the digital production print environment. These include automatic colour and mono document splitting with downstream collation, automatic cover reading and activation, spine thickness detection and 3–knife trimming.
- Xerox Basic Finishing Module Direct Connect is a stapling and stacking system that provides a direct interface to a variety of third–party finishing devices.
New Finishing Solutions for Fuji Xerox 4112/4127 With print speeds up to 125 ppm, the Fuji Xerox 4112/4127 monochrome Copier/Printer should be considered for any production environment, including print–for–pay, franchise and in–plant print providers. The Fuji Xerox 4112/4127 now includes new features as well as stacking and finishing solutions that deliver higher productivity.
- A new high capacity stacker enables users to stack up to 5000 sheets and will be ideal for many transaction and commercial print customers. It also includes a removable cart for easy transport and unloading to offline inserting and finishing systems.
- The Booklet Maker Finisher now includes support for up to 25 sheets, offering a 100 page book capacity. In addition, Fuji Xerox has launched a new squarefold and trimmer option which produces professionally finished booklets. The Integrated in–line Xerox SquareFoldâ„¢ Trimmer Module creases the cover and performs face trimming while also creating square spine booklets that lay flat for easy handling, stacking and storing.
- A new Copy & Save Function allows users to save copies of all documents and jobs at the graphic user interface (GUI) level. This enables users to retrieve and print jobs more quickly as they don’t have to return to the company server or computer to access files.
- Thumbnail and Preview allows thumbnail previews of copy and scan jobs at the touch–screen GUI. Users can preview and merge multiple documents that have been sent to the Fuji Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer and apply job tickets to all documents simultaneously.
Visit Fuji Xerox at PacPrint 09
To explore the new capabilities available for the Fuji Xerox 4112/4127 monochrome Copier/Printer and Nuvera EA and 288 Perfecting Production System, please visit the joint Fuji Xerox and FUJIFILM stand: Stand F10 (immediately facing doors 2 and 3)
For more information, contact:
Contact Name: Laura Barnett
Title: Marketing Programs Manager
Contact Number: 02 9856 5115 / 0409 855 235